Friday, September 25, 2009

My Friends...

... are incredible. Seriously.

I posted that something was going on last week but did not want to say anything about the procedure until I got all the red tape dealt with. I knew in the numbers I qualified, but I wanted to be certain before I started shouting at the rooftops about it.

So, today I posted an update to my Facebook and you, my friends are fanfreakingtastic. The out pour or support literally brought tears to my eyes. I am so going to need all of your cheerleading as the months go on.

I'm sure some people are wondering why the heck I'm even telling anyone about this. Very simply:
  • I need to be held accountable. If I am weak, you need to tell me to stop whining and get my ass back on the train.
  • I need people to understand. There is nothing harder for a dieter to hear someone say "Oooooh just one bite won't hurt you." Yes. It can, once this is done, overeating or taking int he WRONG things could potentially kill me! I realize this is never done maliciously, but the results could be highly damaging. Let me say no. :)
  • I need people to back off if needed and not feel harshed upon if I say that I need some quiet/downtime.
  • I need sympathy when I fall down. And I will fall down at some point. I'll need you to catch me.
  • I need people. :) Support is a good thing, yo!
Responsibility sucks, huh? :) I guess you will be held accountable, also, in that case. I think you all know me well enough by now though that I'd do the same for you. :)

So, I took all my well wishes on my facebook and saved them to a file so that I can open it whenever I want/need to and see the beautiful faces of my cheerleaders and be filled with your positive spirits every time!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Jenn. You're a strong woman. This is not an easy road, no matter what anyone (my in laws, not specifically about you, LOL) think or say. I have a friend who is a physician, pretty much exactly our age, who had it done about a year and a half ago, and she looks awesome. Beyond awesome. So will you.

    ReplyDelete