Beth had some really fantastic statements for me to use, but I think they are extremely powerful. ANYONE can apply this to the multiple aspects of their life.
"I am in control of MY OWN life. I am LIVING my life. I do not need anyone's approval to do so."
and
"I cannot control what they say, only how I react to it."
Amazing stuff there, folks. Simple perspective that we often forget is that we can't control others, but we can totally control our reactions. I am super passionate. I act instinctively and impulsively. This is a good thing and a bad thing at time -- but it's entirely WHY I am in the situation I am in with my weight. This advice is twofold for me -- not just in relation to the negativity, but to my own problems with FOOD.
Bam, just like that.
Am I not one of the luckiest girls alive to have friends that allow me to vent and put things into perspective like that? I am so very fortunate.
So, I am not going to let the negativity of others impede me. Instead, it will ignite me and set me on FIRE. I will remember these things and I will allow it to motivate me to reach my goals and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I know what I'm doing and I'm ready for this and that I WILL be successful.
I really think that negative email might have been a truly good thing. I had been feeling a little down/depressed/worried about things, but OH SNAP... I'm so outta that funk now. Bring it on baby. BRING IT ON!
And as for #7....
7. Run.
I know, I know. At this point in time the only things that might potentially make me run are someone with a gun pointed at me or my loved ones or a sign that says "Free Chocolate Cake" -- even those are not guarantees, but I'd definitely walk briskly...
So yeah.. running. It's so free. It's so liberating. It's a great rush and awesome exercise. I have a goal to run again one day. Heck -- I even have a goal to run in a 1/2 marathon and maybe even some day a marathon. I loved putting on my WALKMAN
So when you see me running down Broadway Avenue in a year or so, don't be offended if I don't wave back. I'm in my brand spakin' new runners world and I probably didn't hear you beep over this newfangled invention ... the iPod.
I'm glad you used that email to motivate you. And, well, I'm sorry she went there.
ReplyDeleteRunning is one of my goals too but I am sure you will be out jogging long before I will :).
I'll drag you out with me :)
ReplyDeleteHere's another one: "I am making the right choices for me, not for you".
ReplyDelete