Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nine days and counting.

This morning I made the adventure to Magee and had my pre-op physical and my blood drawn. This is the last diagnostic pre-op step for me so for now I get to sit back, twiddle my fingers and wait. Well, you know, in addition to the myriad of other things in my life.


Everything went fine though. The physician, Dr Abrams was very sweet. He was so soft spoken and very gentle. I wish he took regular patients on, as his bedside manner was nothing short of impressive.


The blood work was drawn quickly and efficiently as well. They took 6 tubes of my red stuffs. This wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't been reading Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, Book 6) by Jim Butler on my Kindle  just before they came in. Ooops. Bad judgement call on the Vampire book, Jennifer. Great book though. I adore this series.


So now, I'm just hoping the rain holds off and my arm isn't sore for my shift at THD tonight!!


Oh yes... and I almost forgot the main reason for posting this!


9) STAIRS


Stairs are my nemesis. Walking up, or down is always an event for me. I hurt in places that I never knew even could hurt like this, plus I feel awkward like I'm going to tip over all the time. I've fallen so many times. I literally have to like brace myself when I go down. Going up is slightly better than down. Anyone who has been to my house knows that I have an ample amount of stairs and the ones outside of my house are all off kilter to top it off. Carrying groceries up and down is ridiculous and coming home from work after a long, physical shift is downright torturous. I always hated at my last job when I had to wait for an elevator because I was too afraid of falling down the stairs of the USX tower and being left in the stairwell for the cockroaches to attack me (this is not an exaggeration!!!)  Again -- this is an everyday thing that most people take for granted, but it's something that's been a tremendous obstacle for me.


I can't wait until I can go up and down those stairs like a CHAMP.


Look Ma! No Hands!!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait too. I hate to see you struggle with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe someday in the not-so-distant future, you and I can walk up the stairs at the Cathedral of Learning...I think it's something like 42 flights. Then you'll know you've arrived at your new future! Wooh, I am thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a plan to me, Tory. I can't wait!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for you to be able to stop worrying about dealing with these things! You're such a smart girl with so much other stuff in your life, you shouldn't have to be burdened every day

    ReplyDelete