Friday, May 14, 2010

Step AWAY from the Google!

It's PERFECTLY normal that less than 2 weeks before the surgery I'm nervous. Right?

And that I'm looking up the HORRIBLE things that could happen to me?

Well.. yeah.. I went there.

BUT.. I turned it all around, too. I looked up the positive things as well. I went to my Online Support group at ObesityHelp.com and read the inspiring stories of people there, as well as other people seeing reassurance that are going through the surgery or just went through it as well.

I'm scared, but I'm also smart enough to know that what I'm doing is right.  My kids are making me feel a little guilty about this. My Daughter is scared that I might die and never come back. I've tried to explain to her that my surgeon is very skilled and that it's a very teeeeeny tiny chance that it might happen, but of course that's enough for her. And really it was enough to give me second thoughts if only for a moment as well. But I need to do this so that I can have a long happy life with her, my son, my husband. The benefits are plentiful. The odds are totally on my side here -- I'm young, active, informed, positive, have awesome strengths and willpower, a huge system of support and despite it all  -- relatively healthy. These are HUGE things in my corner.

I will be successful.

3 comments:

  1. It's important to face your concerns and fears. I'm glad you did (you know, I tend to avoid) but reassured yourself too. I know I have been asking you to babysit a lot with this job search but if you need me to take the kids sometimes to you can rest and heal, I can. I bought some cheapy beads with the intent of making jewelry with little miss girlie girl. We could do it on the porch while the boys run off some energy :) or try to "help" haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sometimes that vast amount of information is more of a bad thing than good. You're a highly intelligent, very motivated lady & I think you know deep down inside that you've made the right decision for you & those who love you :)

    ReplyDelete